At 7:30, I was woken up by the lovely Rohan, who is responsible for the human alarm clock on weekends. Rohan, Marshall, Huan, Alex, Sean, Lina, Marcella, Laine, Heather and I went hiking. But it was oh so much more. With assurances that we'd be back by noon, I decided the early morning was worth it.
It started with finding a lake taking over the trail. Probably two feet of water a few hundred feet before the trail started. It was swampy around it, so shoes and socks came off and we waded through it. We started counting all the salamanders we found around then, and ended up with 110. Eventually we reached the summit. Much food was consumed, and a human pyramid was made. Lina didn't get on as the fourth layer before the pic was taken, but the three layers of people still looks good. Sean also did a hot girl photo shoot, which was amusing to say the least. We started going down around one, and ended up at pharoh pond. No one else was on the trail or around the pond all day. Anyhow, we saw an island in the middle, which eight of us swam to. We chilled out there for a while before swimming back. The funniest part was seeing Marshall coming across with, no joke, a dead tree in tow as a flotation device. Apparently he isn't a strong swimmer and felt safer that way. On the way back to the trail, we saw a deer...fitting as three of us are from the deer cabin. The seven and a half mile trek ended with a one mile run back to the car. I'm not in very good shape, but I wheezed my way through it. We ended by crossing that same lovely river. All in all a good day. We made it back around 6:40.
Now we're off to eat some grub (we just got through with staff meetings). It's going to be very delicious.
Oh, and Troy, our male nurse from St. Judes who works here all summer just apologized to me for a bizarre run in yesterday. I was walking home from being with Liz at GSC and realized after he stopped that he had sounded like a creep asking me if I needed a ride "home" instead of double h. Of course I knew who he was, but it was still funny. Love it. Lastly, wipeout is a funny show.
Love,
Joyce
No comments:
Post a Comment