Last night I went to Athletics. I haven't done serious hard running in awhile, but I was the first girl in the hill workout, and I probably beat about half the boys too. First meet is a week from tomorrow in Glasgow. I think I'll run the 3000 and the 800 (meters...so just under two miles and a half mile). Those are good "power" events that are harder to motivate myself through when I'm time trialing it. My goals are just to be fierce out on the track in terms of not giving up and gutting it. I was talking to the guys yesterday about maybe trying steeplechase later in the season. Since this study abroad experience seems to be all about trying new things, why not add running over steeples and water pits to the mix? It's a good distance, and it'll also help my jumping for frisbee.
Today I filled out a lot of paperwork about coming back abroad next semester. The Skidmore stuff is done. I talked to Alison about getting her visa, and she said it only took nine days to get, so fingers crossed, it'll be easy for me too.
Additionally, I went to both my classes. I LOVE my drama class still. I wish I had taken that and 20th century british and irish drama, as Rev and Rom is a bit boring readingwise, and I've been loving reading plays, but it's a good challenge I suppose. My first essay is due next week.
The plan for the rest of the evening is athletics, dinner, and library. I need to find a few more articles for my paper. I'll write more about a specific topic (and less of what I'm doing on a day-to-day basis) sometime soon. In the meantime, thank you for all the cards and letters. Postcards are going out next week! And my skype address is jdadekian if anyone ever wants to talk via webcam!
Lots of love,
Joycey
No comments:
Post a Comment