Some of flatball (our team name) hanging out.
Flatball A team on the line.
Flatball B in play
While all the other teams were doing intense pre-game disc throwing, Flatball B was doing this. Yeah, pregame dance!
Friday night dinner at Anna Lisa'sHere's a sparknoted version of this weekend...
-Flatball A qualified for nationals in an incredibly well matched game coming in as the underdog from play the previous day, but won in sudden death (next point wins).
-Flatball B (my team) won a bottle of vodka, because the other teams voted for us for the spirit award. We were probably helped by our much admired warm up dance. It sure wasn't our flatball skills :P
-Anna Lisa's house was AMAZING, especially the Guy Fawkes bonfire Saturday night. Just so much fun. Her Dad, big Norm, was so funny. We were creamed by ten year olds in the firewords display contest though.
-I was astonished and greatly saddened to learn that a dried apricot is a whole apricot! I always thought it was a third or something.
-I ran into a Scot on the Aberdeen team that had studied at Emma Willard school in Troy for a year. Small world!
Now I'm packing for Bath, going to bed, waking up, going to frisbee, and setting off for Edinburgh, where my bus leaves from at 9:30 tomorrow night. I have my itinerary all written down. It promises to be a great few days! I have a feeling it will be another multiple post for pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment