I muffin love kids. Muffin, I have decided, is a new word that expresses great emotion about something. For example, one could say "I muffin love this song!" or "You're such a muffin meanie."
People will quiver in their boots.
Try topping that one, Rupas.
Anyhow, I digress. I just wanted an expressive enough word to say how much I love kids. I love St. Nersess because I love the counselors AND kids though. Double H was great, and the counselling staff was hands down the most dedicated group on the face of planet earth, but there's nothing like Armenians. I admire Alex, adore Chris, and loved talking with Emily and John. I feel so blessed that I got to hang out with each one of them this summer. Everything that we shared/the whole St. Nersess experience was EXACTLY what I needed, going into graduate school and chaos soon.
We had epic midnight snacks, nighttime wanderings, cooking adventures and conversations. It was just fabulous in general. The participants were AWESOME too. My room just laughed all night, basically. Unless we were talking about a topic that one of them brought up. It really gave us all the opportunity to have a few "real life" conversations. It was a reminder that really every person has challenges in their lives.
But really it was just 9 days of fun and faith. We really weren't sticklers with rules. Sardines (a game) at 1am. Fine. Pranking? Led by Moi. In addition, our Bible studies were fantastic, Emily Mov and I got to teach a lecture (which was an experience), room prayers went pretty well, and kitchen crew was non-stop singing and dancing--particularly session C. I'm thankful that I got to be a part of it.
A last nice part of the week was Ouzo's encouragement. I know that "God sees everything" and so feeling encouraged to do things by others shouldn't matter, but sometimes it's just a nice reinforcer to keep doing what I'm doing/to know that the extra little things are sometimes appreciated. I feel like I always fly just under the radar as far as recognition, and I'm usually okay with that, but lately I'd been feeling like it had been a long time since I felt encouraged to do anything (besides school). He was great at that, and forced me to listen to nice things :) I want to continue to work hard, have fun, and use my talents for good.
P.S. I love kids. That doesn't mean that I want to be around them all the time. I also love my family, but I don't want to be around them all the time either :) Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment