Monday, June 27, 2011

I just saw my pops off on the metrolink. He is headed home!

We wrapped up the weekend with the following activities:

-Riding bikes to the undergrad campus, and then to the St. Louis Zoo. The playful orangutan made his appearance!
-A trip to the arch's westward expansion museum.
-A trip to Lewis and Clark's St. Louis winter quarters/museum.
-Diner and hotel pool!
-Going up in the arch, and seeing two interesting St. Louis related films.
-Going to the old courthouse. It's where the lawsuit for Dred Scott was originally filed. He was actually "freed," but that decision was appealed and reversed in a higher court, so on the supreme court's desk it landed. It was really interesting learning more about the case.
-Dad went off to see some eurasian somethingoranother bird.
-I did some homework.
-Chilling out!

All around it was an excellent, really fun weekend! I'm had a lot of fun hanging out with just Dad, too. We aren't necessarily in only each others' company for long periods of time often (I think it has something to do with having to go to work ;) + we're all around on weekends). That turned out to be a lot of fun, even though I loooooove my mom, too (hi mom!)! Next time, they're going to come together, which will be swell!

Only three weeks until I'm home, two weeks until classes are over, and one week until Arpi's wedding! The countdown begins!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive