Today was fun!
Mom and I went to Lake George.
We sat on the beach.
We were accosted by ducks.
Said ducks hung out on the towel across from us for awhile.
We swam in the water.
And ate hot dogs after.
Walked the streets.
Came home.
Caught up with one of my high school best friends (Julia) on the phone for an hour.
Was reminded why we were best friends (and still are, in an afar sort of way. We just pick up where we left off).
Now into bed with a good book: my kids book of the summer. So far, it's quite good. Not quite a tight enough plot, but I love the narration. I like to "regress" and read a few kids books each year, since I tend to read a lot of school material and then binge on classics. I like to bring it back to some plain-ole-fun. This book is called
THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY.
And I'm off to read it some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment