It's a miracle I got everything that I needed to get done this week done. People aren't kidding. Fall OTD students have the craziest semester ever. On top of OTD class and regular classes, I needed to drive out west and pick up my CPR card to get my fieldwork forms in (ATL gave me one week. Leise said that when she got the email, she was relieved that I had got the spot, because a lot of people would have flipped out with the deadline), write a donor letter, and edit a teacher's grant. Dr. King, Catherine, Ashley, and I are also planning an October education session + picnic/activities for our families with sickle cell disease. So, work in some forms eats up much of my time.
I'm also reviewing anatomy of the arm and developmental milestones/reflexes for children for fieldwork etc. It's unfortunate that a lot of school work seems to be busy work to me, because I'm very self-motivated and could easily grasp way more if I had time, but I have to do sillier stuff out of necessity. I try to put in a few hours like this of learning for learning/being an excellent OTs sake each week. I truly do enjoy it!
Living in Olin continues to be excellent. After getting in a few hours of work last night, I went down to Rheanna's room with Stephanie. We watched Love's Enduring Promise, which I think will end up sticking with me for a few days. We then talked for hours about so many life things. I love the people that I can be fun and funny with, but who also agree that good conversations can be fun, too.
I think we all give so much to each other. They definitely inspire or reaffirm me in so many different ways. And we have so much fun together, all the time. I don't think that I could ever tire of those two.
Tonight there's an Olin potluck so that we can meet all the first year OT students living in the dorm. Other than that, I think it's homework/Jane Eyre/maybe a few visits night. It's too bad that there's so little time, because there are so many things that I'd love to write about, including Rheanna memories, Jane Eyre quotes, and silly and serious verses. Someday...
Other than that, there's just been a persistent peace in my heart the last few weeks. I appreciate it and am working hard to keep it there and growing. It's nice to be able to rest in that amidst the chaos. I am so lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment