In case you didn't figure it out, I was demonstrating to Mom how to write a blog post with my last entry. We are so hip and savvy. I know. Please try to contain your admiration.
School and life are going well so far. Cool bits:
-Reading to a pre-K class in North St. Louis every week.
-Working on a project for people who are homeless in St. Louis
-Tons of research stuff. I have to now write a project protocol, for Institutional Review Board approval, the GED manual, and another lit project this semester.
-Enjoying my last semester with my best friends.
-Thinking critically. It's unearthed some really cool points.
-Running 5 days/week. Hard.
-Creating and carrying out a fun, fine motor skills based class for toddlers at a local preschool.
-Keeping up with studying scripture and spontaneous and planned prayer time. So refreshing!
-A funny dream where I was in an arranged marriage with a Quaker. haha it was so great!/funny!
-Normal quizzes, readings, and such. The usual.
-Organizing the second St. Nersess "secret Valentine" event. I started it last year when I sensed that perhaps some girls in my room could use a reason to be excited for it/deemphasize the traditional view, and because we had a fun night making up Armenian pick-up lines (you are sweeter than Baklava. I have more love for you than Armenian men have hair etc). They were sooooo funny and a little heart-warming. This year it's open to all the girls, and about 15 chose to participate :)
That's the update! XXxs and OOOs
No comments:
Post a Comment