Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oh my gosh. Two weeks of school, and I'm already full steam ahead (like nutso).
I've had a lot of fun the past few days.
I'm a little mercurial at times (moreso than when I had some friends here) but as of late, it has been easier to accept doing things with friends less frequently and throwing myself into other areas of interest.

Tonight began my attempt to take advantage of every opportunity that I have to practice public speaking this year. A representative from each department spoke about themselves and such to the physicians who go out and write personal letters to classmates etc to raise funds for merit and financial aid scholarships. EXCEPT WE WERE ALL EXPECTING THEM TO ASK WHY WE CHOSE WU. And they didn't.

So I was thrown off (I was also supposed to be last, but they chose me first) and through a loop. But that's a good experience, I think. I sounded confident and such. I just wish I gave more info. I really am trying to accumulate practice with keeping my nerves in check and public speaking in front of strangers, since much of the latter half of my year should involve that.

I had this great analogy, too. Oh well.

I guess I don't have much to update. I just want you all to know that I'm still alive and well.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive