Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sometimes I feel like a little kid. I just have to say "I'm so proud of myself."
That's how I felt about my problem set this morning.
It was haaaaaaaard.
It turns out we're allowed to do them with other people, which is what most of my class did,
But for today, I can say "I'm so proud. I did it all by myself."
Maybe I'll even post it on my fridge.

School has its ups and downs.
The ups are that I am alive, I am getting a degree, I have a roof over my bed and food in my belly, enjoyment of learning, and hope for the future.
The downs are an overwhelming amount of work (even with fewer classes)
Lack of friends in the close vicinity
(It's never a good feeling when you know that you could be abducted by aliens
And no one would know you're gone for a few days)
And the occasional tinge of loneliness or desire to take a really long vacation to the bahamas.
And perhaps just stay there for several  months weeks.

On the plus side, every Wednesday I receive 40 hugs between 2 pre-K classes, and that totally helps with my hugging withdrawal.
Some of the kids are kids I had last year. They're all so cute.

Last weekend I did drive 1.5 hours to Springfield, IL (state capital) to visit one of my best friends, Stephanie.
It was superfun and interesting walking in the land of lincoln (tomb, house, law office etc) and just generally having fun.
Mirror Mirror is the best movie ever.

If any year, this is a year that I need to practice being mentally tough.
It's easy for me to be tough when things are out of my control or bad. It's easy for me to be tough when things are good. It's that middle area I'm trying to work on.

Hope all is well with all of y'all (just felt like y'all-ing it up).
Love,
Joyce

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive