Sunday, January 20, 2013

Michelle O quotes and babies from the perspective of a 10-year-old

I love Michelle Obama.

"You're not on this earth to make everybody love you. You do what you think is right, you treat other people well, and then you keep living your life."


RE: Good for them! [Both laugh] Early on, you defined yourself as Mom in Chief. Is that still who you feel like you are?
MO: I will always feel like I'm Mom in Chief. I felt like I was Mom in Chief the minute I had a baby. Is that so controversial? For me, mothering is the thing I enjoy most in my life. I own that. There are many facets of me, but I feel like I have a responsibility as a mother first because they didn't ask to be here. I need to make sure I am doing what I think I need to do for these girls, to make them whole and healthy human beings. That's my first job, and it will hold true for the next...I don't know when it ends!

"If there's one thing that stood out about her, she is not easily impressed," says Torbert... "You think you're working hard, and I think her attitude is: 'Well, that's what you're supposed to do.' "

I am an example of what is possible when girls from the very beginning of their lives are loved and nurtured by people around them. I was surrounded by extraordinary women in my life who taught me about quiet strength and dignity. 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/michelle_obama.html#QgGPg2WGITzQXX1Q.99 


Find people who make you better




Also, Baby Cuz #2 is now 10. She recently got an email address. Really interesting and amusing emails now pop up in my inbox from her on a daily basis. I don't know if she actually had any other correspondents, but it's cute and short, so I'm fine with it. Today she saw Aileen (baby cousin) for the first time. 

"I think that the baby enjoyed being held by me because when I held her she fell asleep. Exept the only thing is that she had multipull nightmares. She's still cute. Also, she sounds like a skreeching cat when she's crying."

hehe

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive