Saturday, February 16, 2013

It takes a village

I stopped for a moment tonight to think of all the people who have "gotten me through OT school." In exactly 3 months, I will be on the eve of my graduation.

Sometimes it's easy to sit here thinking that I'm so great in terms of the hard work I've put forth (I value my work in terms of effort and lessons learned more than outcome). I've done a lot of heavy-lifting over the past 3 years. Work that required me to be an idea-generator, a problem-solver, an implementer, and an doer.

While I've put forth hard work to get through the work required by OT school, I had a lot of support over the past three years, whether practical, emotional, or financial. While I think I would have found a way to do something without the support network that I had, it would have been little more than nothing, and it would have been a whole lot harder.

The list is actually quite long, ranging from parents and grandparents to Liz, Alison/Helen, Rheanna, Steph, and Ashley + Dr. King. It goes on and on.

I've been so lucky.

There is a lot to be thankful for.

Like the fact that
I love my village.


No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive