I'm so glad that I came back early from spring break (Tuesday evening).
It will make all the difference in the world in a month. Meaning, I'm not sure that I could have gotten things done without being here this week.
April 19th is Scholarship Day, where we all present our research to our professors, first years, and STL OTs. I also am giving an hour and fifteen minute lecture (I know...first presentation, so it's short...NOT:) at the American Pediatric Oncology and Hematology Education Society's conference in early May. I'm excited for that in reality, though. I like to talk :) That powerpoint is actually due next week, so its been an efficient 12 hour day of working on that.
I found out how to put buttons on powerpoint. It was very exciting.
I also get to write a manuscript in the next two months, code my friend's qualitative study, do a bunch of TA grading and lectures, and fit in a few more participants.
I am using the word 'get' to get myself pumped up :)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It is good to be alive, though.
It's good that I'm almost through with school.
In one short month, the bulk of my responsibilities will be over. I think after my Scholarship Day presentation, I'll go to Sweetie Pie's to celebrate. She's the restaurant on Oprah's network. I've never seen the show, nor have I ever been there, but I figure it's something I should do before I leave. Plus I forget to eat meals sometimes when I'm busy (or I just eat sandwiches), so I'll have some making-up to do then.
Staying here this extra year hasn't always been a dream-ride. Though I love my good friends, I miss my best friends. I've been tired of work. I want a job. Like right now.
I can definitely look back and say, however, that I've grown so much from this intensive experience. It's neat to know that I can go out into the world and go through the whole process of developing a program and measuring/reporting outcomes.
No comments:
Post a Comment