Friday, May 10, 2013

An unconventional life is a life full of opportunity.
Another stage of life can't begin until this has ended, and there are many doors just waiting to be opened by someone who has traveled down that hallway.

There's a new job, places to work, places to travel, books to write, stomping pads to decorate, potential roommates to live with, kids to impact, etc.

I'm not saying that I look down on or reject a conventional life. I'm just learning to embrace the unconventional life that mine is shaping up to be.

I will have no husband and no kids when I finish my rotations. I will have time. I have interests. I have friends all over the world.
And I'm excited for all of those reasons.

I am not fearful of having those things, but I am also not fearful without them. It is what it is, and lately, life is just teeming with possibilities.

I will publish a scientific paper. I will write stories. I will run, hike and bike. I will live simply and visit some far distant land. Perhaps I will sew. I will play sports.

There are only 4 of us in my OTD class of 23 who are not in 3+ year relationships. Attribute it to the warm OT personality or the mid-west mindset, but that is convention here. My best friend, Rheanna, and I, took it in, laughed, and occasionally lamented.

There has been some interest, but among people who make fine friends and would make a terrible relationship.

But I trust that now is not my time for the conventional serious relationship--> marriage --> kids trajectory. Now is my time for something else.

It would be a disservice to myself to not live in color and take advantage of the opportunities that there are.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive