It's what I loved doing most as a kid, and it's one of the things that I still love doing most as an adult. I just finished a book by Albert Speer. It was interesting to hear the German sequence of events after reading a book of eye-witness accounts of WWII. I also read a newer book by one of my former favorite kid's authors (Margaret Haddix) today. It was nice to regress and enjoy a story.
In case anyone has kids to buy presents for, my recommendations (after two years of reading to 3-5 year olds) are:
This book is fun because it engages kids in what to say, and is very silly

I think I like this because it looks like my cat, Oliver, and my favorite baseball team (the Cardinals). The kids enjoy looking at the picture.
Super-silly, great sequels. I even wrote one for the class with each kid as a character called Ms. Bluett (teacher) to the rescue. The kids eat that up.
No comments:
Post a Comment