Neoclinic has been HARD. After week 8, I wondered how I'd ever achieve independence in completing all documentation in a reasonable amount of time. Weeks 9-10 were nothing short of miraculous. Weeks 11 and 12 were boring. One kid all day last week, and two today.
Yesterday was a huge day for me. I "fixed" my first kid. It is a tween boy who wasn't able to do so many fine motor tasks when I met him 2 sessions ago. He's in 6th grade. Three sessions with me, and he can button the most difficult buttons, zipper all clothes, and uncap bottles. His writing is solid. HE CAN TIE SHOES. He does not need more than 1-2 sessions more than OT. What is so incredible is that he had been in OT all his life for these things. All I did was break things down for him, and he got it.
I love treating tweens/teens. They're the most fun for me, because they can joke/understand jokes, and have their own personalities. Or my friend that I had today, who is 6 going on 13. He is so fun. His mom told me today that he always looks forward to therapy. HE IS WRITING SO WELL! His letter formation is wonderful, and it took weeks and weeks to get there. He loves all the madlibs that I've written, and today wrote one for his mom :)
I feel so blessed to have been able to meet these kids, to be a part of their stories, and to have them a part of mine. I'm so grateful that God saw me through this whole wonderful mess.
And then there's dodgeball. My boys.
I did terribly today, but man do I love them. There is NOTHING hotter than boys who are kind, inclusive, have integrity, and have a backbone + some skill at sports. Y'all. That's hot! When guys are kind to everyone, I just want to kiss their faces! Okay, kind of sort of joking. There is a young man with delays in our group, and a big contingent of young adults who are deaf. Our guys are great at including everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment