Thursday, September 12, 2013

There's something hard about the end. 
It's easy to mentally check out, or to be hyper-alerted to a state of awesomeness. 

This summer in Columbus was as fun as I had a right to expect. I was a little lazier than I would have liked; I didn't produce the next Van Gogh, become a ripped running machine, write the next great American novel, or master the art of French cooking.

I probably pinned a few too many new pictures to pinterest in a state of mechanical, exhausted stupor. 

But life isn't about doing everything that you want; it's just doing the best that you can. It's enjoying doing Something and Nothing, and at the end, being pleased with the balance and the people that you've done Something and Nothing with. I've certainly had a great summer by those standards.

Next week is my last week. I'm so excited to go home, although it's not because I'm eager to leave Columbus. I'm just ready to get to "real life" where I can have my own patients and living quarters. And, lets be real, a paycheck.  

Here are some pictures from the summer

Ox roasting in a hole in the ground 


Roast ox sandwich

One of my clinical instructors at baby clinic

Nationwide Children's Hospital (NCH) wooden animal

The hospital is nature themed. You can see a wooden turtle here, too.


Visit to Cincinnati

Late night ihop visit. They ran out of bananas, so these are my "strawberry banana pancakes" :)

Lately I've been sewing my student project for NCH. These are practice buttons for kids who have a hard time buttoning.

I've borrowed my clinical instructor's sewing machine. 


This is what I looked at yesterday while I sewed. I also spent about 10 minutes with a buck and saw a doe on the trail


Zipper practice can be hard for kids who don't know "right" and "left." My solution? Two different colored zippers put together!


That is all for now!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive