In retrospect, that was an excellent decision!
I was excited about my testing week because I knew it meant traveling and seeing friends.
I didn't think about the results--except maybe twice.
I ate tons, got muddy, drank with friends, melted in a hot tub, tried Czech food and Solvakian beer (and pirates grog), watched Evan's fung-shui movie, and stayed up late.
I got to chat and get motivated from my friend Alison, tour Annapolis, and see the Museum of Visionary Art.
I caught up with a lot of people.
Basically, if you have the opportunity to do something like that in a similar situation, do it!
My pretty good friend from STL, Lori, is visiting this week. Now I get to be the hostess.
I'm excited to go out around the town.
Speaking of going out, I went to another really awesome meetup last Thursday (beautiful wine bar). There are some really cool people and places around the capital district.
Of course, the best find is my friend Karen. We get together at least once a week. And, without asking, she's querying some of the OT's at her work (my #1 choice) to find out the inside scoop. How awesome is that?!
I used to feel burned a lot by my inclusive nature. I was. Burned, used, ignored, exhausted, etc.
But I knew it was the right thing to do.
Lately, I've definitely felt that that I've been BLESSED because of my inclusive nature.
I met Rheanna and decided she was a great, quiet person whom I hadn't seen "with a group." I made a choice to "adopt her." I've learned way more from her than she could from me.
I made a point to draw Karen in, even though I was carrying on a conversation with some cool girls. We've had a ton of fun together!
Just one of a few examples.
Tomorrow will be TheBigNews.
Hopefully sometime soon will be more BigNews (job? apartment?)
Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment