If God calls you to be someone you didn't expect, do you Be?
If God calls you to live differently than your friends, do you live Different?
Because these days, I think more and more, God is asking me to Go. Be. Different.
The older I get, the more my life path diverges from that of my childhood friends'. Because in high school, a bunch of good, nerdy kids have a lot in common. And after high school, well, their beliefs lead them to different paths, and mine lead me to a different path.
A path both harder and easier at the same time.
A path where we rely, trust, serve, give, and do the illogical.
Respond in love.
Thank.
Talk to the Daddy.
Be radical without fear of judgement, and without judging others.
Seek wisdom.
Sit in peace and comfort.
Talk about faith.
Know that the fact that I chose differently gives me a companion and a strength that can never be taken away.
Know that while my life may not be the way I would choose sometimes, it has a purpose. And I'm living it according to values I cherish. Respect. Want to embody. Share.
Tough decisions have come, and tough decisions will continue to come. Sometimes they're not even the big ones. They're the little ones. How to respond to that comment. How to make someone comfortable and loved, while not necessarily supporting their choice. Whether or not that guy is a good idea. How to dance in a club. Whether to reach out.
I've been thinking about this stuff a lot lately. And then God spoke through Janette Oke's words in Beyond the Gathering Storm. Christine, a young secretary, had a tough decision to make. There was an opportunity to sacrifice her values for great personal and financial gain. After thinking and prayer, she turned it down, stating to her boss:
"I didn't want...I couldn't risk possibly damaging the name of my parents-- or my God-- to get something better...for me."
The Bible always affirms the choices I have made. And frankly, so has life, in the long run. But sometimes, those choices are different.








The older I get, the more my life path diverges from that of my childhood friends'. Because in high school, a bunch of good, nerdy kids have a lot in common. And after high school, well, their beliefs lead them to different paths, and mine lead me to a different path.
A path both harder and easier at the same time.
A path where we rely, trust, serve, give, and do the illogical.
Respond in love.
Thank.
Talk to the Daddy.
Be radical without fear of judgement, and without judging others.
Seek wisdom.
Sit in peace and comfort.
Talk about faith.
Know that the fact that I chose differently gives me a companion and a strength that can never be taken away.
Know that while my life may not be the way I would choose sometimes, it has a purpose. And I'm living it according to values I cherish. Respect. Want to embody. Share.
Tough decisions have come, and tough decisions will continue to come. Sometimes they're not even the big ones. They're the little ones. How to respond to that comment. How to make someone comfortable and loved, while not necessarily supporting their choice. Whether or not that guy is a good idea. How to dance in a club. Whether to reach out.
I've been thinking about this stuff a lot lately. And then God spoke through Janette Oke's words in Beyond the Gathering Storm. Christine, a young secretary, had a tough decision to make. There was an opportunity to sacrifice her values for great personal and financial gain. After thinking and prayer, she turned it down, stating to her boss:
"I didn't want...I couldn't risk possibly damaging the name of my parents-- or my God-- to get something better...for me."
The Bible always affirms the choices I have made. And frankly, so has life, in the long run. But sometimes, those choices are different.
No comments:
Post a Comment