Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lori just left. She got here Friday evening on the train. We both had a blast with our PACKED weekend. Friday we ate my delicious cooking (no sarcasm sauce. I am getting good), made ginger snaps, watched When Calls the Heart and The Great Gatsby.

Saturday dawned Sunny and 75 33 (love that song).

I go back and forth sometimes about entertaining. I am usually glad I hosted something after, but it's so rare for other people to throw parties, and it is expensive. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the money, time and effort. One of the things that Lori really wanted to do, however, was make crepes for breakfast. That was one of the parties I hosted in STL (a crepe party). I had completely, 100% forgotten all about it until she got off the train saying she really hoped that we could make them. The fact that she had that memory made it worth it. And the crepes were Ah-mazing. 

After that, I outfitted her in winter clothes (all she owns is a peacoat. Apparently Nebraskans don't spend much time outside in the winter?). We packed a picnic lunch and headed off to the beautiful Saratoga Springs. Lori LOVED it. It is sometimes hard for me to separate Saratoga from Skidmore, but I should try, because it really is a lovely town. Saratoga was right on the way to West Mountain, which has snow tubing...something that DEFINITELY Nebraskans don't do. We got the two hour pass and had a BLAST.

We were also super-popular. All the little boys loved talking with us and bumping into our tubes. It was hilarious. 

We headed home, power-showered, went out to eat at Ali Baba's, and worked our way from Troy (sketchy bar) to Albany's Pearl Street Pub for some dancing. I had a lot of fun, although I preferred it earlier in the night, when there were fewer people. The way I dance takes up a little space. It was great to get out though!

Here are some pictures for the weekend. 









Lastly, I love this.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive