Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Hello.

I am in love with country music.

Guess who I am seeing this weekend?
For <200 for="">15 HUGE acts AND camping. 
So basically, bring food?
I can do that.

Did I mention that I'm going alone?

Add that to the list of crazy-yet (in all reality) relatively-safe things I'm doing this year.
Because, the bands were coming. And no one I knew was going. And no one I knew wanted to go. And why let my solo status prevent me from living and doing fun things?

So maybe I'll go and meet fun people, or maybe I'll read books on the grass. Maybe it'll be a bit awkward at times, but I'm pretty good at flying solo, so maybe it won't. And I won't know til I go and find out.

I'm strangely excited about the whole prospect of doing the amateur camping thing. Of packing up that little car and driving towards the sun.

I know it's not for every girl, single or taken, popular or selective...but the point is...reach out of your comfort zone every once in awhile. Go out without your spouse. Go out by yourself. Go out with someone new. Do something a little different together. I get tired of hearing friends complain about being solo when they don't do anything with anyone different. Ever. People are not going to hunt you down. Find something you like to do that people like those you want to meet might also like. And even if it's a bust, take it for the funny story it probably is. Don't give up on stretching yourself in everything because of one so-so experience.

I had no idea how I'd feel about this weekend as it approached two months ago when I bought the tickets.
But I'm chuffed.

And off now to pick out my outfits!














No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive