Sunday, May 17, 2015

So I've been meaning to look at apartments, but I just never seemed to get around to calling apartment buildings during my workday to schedule a viewing. Plus, I hosted my first big family gathering (mother's day) and was gone a couple weekends. 

Then I got a message from a friend of a friend, Rachel. Rachel went to same church growing up as one of my high school best friends, Liz, and a family friend, Alison. This winter, I met Rachel when the four of us got together to do Christmas Crafts.

My first impression was that she was stylish and outgoing. She looked classy. I didn't feel all that sociable that day, to be honest, but it was nice to meet someone else in their mid-20s living at home her with mom and dad to save money. She mentioned at the last event that she was looking to buy a townhouse in this complex. She didn't mention a roommate, and I didn't bring it up. 

A couple days ago she contacted me about living together. We met up and discussed the details. She had turned down a couple people who had requested to move in with her, but thought of me. I thought about it for a couple days (commute, distance, pros and cons) before being all in. 

Unfortunately, then things got complicated on the work front (no, I wasn't in trouble). They've mostly resolved. I will definitely be moving in with Rachel now. Here's a photo tour of the new digs. 

I am excited that we have a yard and a little patio. At this point in life, I feel like settling. The thought of not being able to garden a little in an apartment was making me sad. 


The living room. On the right is the dining area. 

Kitchen with all new appliances

Upstairs bathroom

My room

I will pay a reasonable amount (less than for a 1-bedroom in the area I was looking) and have a lot more space. I also enjoy having a roommate. It's fun to have someone to come home to when you want. I think that we'll be pretty compatible. It is inevitable that we'll have some things come up, but overall, I think that we'll handle that well. We're of the same mindset where it'll be fun to do some stuff together, but also keep up with our separate social groups. 

Another bonus: She is furnishing the entire thing (except my room). I have a lot of nice kitchen stuff from my grandparents, who sold their FL condo to be here full-time, and I will buy some bookshelves, but other than that, it's on her. 

Move-in for me will probably be in mid-June to early-July. I'll move in kitchen items, let her move in, and then move in a week or so later so she can set up things the way that she'd like them. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive