My family is kind of the real deal. As in flippin awesome.
This past weekend was my cousin Sara's wedding. And when I say past weekend, I mean past weekend, because Sarkisian weddings are a weekend affair. We used to have them ALL THE TIME back in the day (about ten years ago) but then everyone got married and things slowed down. Now at these MegaBashCelebrations, Jonathan, Aram, George, and Matthew would play cards and burn stuff, and Sara, Diana, Melissa and I would hang out in our horrible flower print dresses. It was fun, but we were all so little too. Fastforward ten years, seeing them only once, briefly, at Grandma Roses' 90th birthday. Matthew and Melissa are going into college. Matthew, who is hilarious with his sarcastic sense of humor and Melissa who is just a sweetheart plain and simple. Sara, getting married. Aram, her brother (whom I LOVE). George and Diana humorous in their own way. Throw us all together at the family party with people like Uncle Art and Uncle Leon, you get an awesome time. Add Kezelian and Derderian in the mix at the wedding, it's pretty much unbeatable.
So yes. Fun time. It was amazing seeing all of them again...although it makes me sad that we've missed out on the past ten years or so too. Someone's got to get married again soon. Oh, and not to be forgotten in the awesomeness that is the people, the wedding was beautiful. Sara looked absoultely GORGEOUS. The service was beautiful, Morgan is hilarious and kind (and so are his parents...whom I taught how to line dance:), and the food left nothing to be desired. I also loved how instead of traditional wedding favors the Sarkisians made a donation to the American Diabetes Assosication as "the best gift is one that helps others lead longer, healthier lives." Anyhow, at least 350 people were there, and it was a blast. Yay family! Also, mom spilling champagne, mareeg knocking over the shrimp, and grampa's supposed-to-be-seat having the butter plate in front of it were funny moments.
Now I'm back at camp. The girls this week are awesome. I can tell already. I'm pumped and ready to go. Also, just to add, I got my first camper card this past weekend. It was long and sweet. It's nice to see that the benefits of Double H truly do last beyond camp and stick with the kids. I know it sticks with me.
1 comment:
Love it! We are so lucky. Love ya lots.
MOM
Post a Comment