The past few days were pretty swell. From biking in the rain with dad and a flock of turkeys (oh, how I love those absurd moments in life) to bumping into a former camper, Dee dee, at Greek Fest Saturday, its just so full of things for which to be thankful. May I also now profess my undying love for Greek Fest? I went both days. Jonathan and I were pretty much the only non-greeks there, and we had a great time browsing, watching the dancers, seeing/hiding from my seventh grade spanish teacher, and eating Lots Of Food. I'm glad I saw that in the newspaper.
There was coffee hour after church today. Jonah, Gloria, and I had a fantastic time together. They came over for dinner tonight too. Mom invited them over since Der Step is up at Nersess this weekend. It was so much fun to play with kids again. Sometimes it just feels like home, playing with kids. They're such a comfortable age group for me. Jonathan, on the other hand, has his niche with old people. Cool, right?
Oh, and when we got home from church, there was a message on the answering machine saying that mom had won Stewart's guess-the-Reese's in the jar contest with the EXACT number...842 or something insane like that. She gets free ice cream every day this week!
And that war Jonathan and I have been having? This morning, he picked me up, slung me over his back by my ankles, and dipped my head into our beloved trash can of water sitting in the garage. LoveYouToo. We exploded cans of soda in the driveway this morning, sang Greenday, fought with sticks, and threw things at each other. It's one of only a few times that we've hung out this summer, which is a shame, but it was nice to be up to old tricks again. Pretty much, best big brother ever.
1 comment:
Will the two of you ever grow up?
Mom
Post a Comment