Thursday, September 25, 2008

So. Sore.
Field Hockey works very different muscles than running. I'm really not sure if I'll even able to play on a team (training times aren't announced until Sunday, so there's potential for schedule conflicts), but it's been fun to tryout for something completely different. I'm the only complete newcomer to the sport that I've met, but so far I'm holding my own. Walking up stairs is a pain though (yes, pun).

The weather was beautiful here today. At first I thought we turned the corner to winter with my breath coming out as fog this morning. By noon, however, it was clear, sunny, and at least 60 degrees. It's funny, in the states, we sort of expect sun, so it's a bummer when it's overcast. Here we expect it to be overcast, so it's not a big deal, but it's a huge plus when it's sunny. A beach run (about two minutes from my dorm) was in order to test the waters (cold). Lots of people were playing cricket on the beach, building sandcastles, etc. Scotland's such a neat country!

Some of my friends from uni on the beach. My roommate is on the left. The rest are all floormates.

I started doing my reading to get ahead of things for the semester which starts Monday. The volunteer fayre, sports fayre, and societies fayre are also happening over the next few days, so I'll let you all know what I sign up for!

I've always been so thankful that I get to continue to my education. I'm thankful for that wherever I am, whether it's high school or Skidmore. I'm thankful that in the past six months that I've gotten the chance to have a lot of different experiences (Jerusalem, Double H, St Andrews) to complement that as well. All this good stuff often feels like more than I deserve!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive