Today I played like a boy again, and I'm quite proud of that. I never wanted to throw like a girl when I played baseball. I never wanted to run like a girl when I ran track. I don't want to play frisbee like a girl either, fumbling and running around. My cutting, jumping and defense is getting a lot better, my backhand is strong, and I even got to handle a few times today during indoors. I've got a lot of work to do with my forehand and layouts, but I know I'm going to look back at the end of the year and be amazed with how far I've come. I'm already amazed looking back on two weeks.
Wednesday afternoons there are no classes scheduled for "sports day" competitions and training. Most teams also have their weekly social Wednesday night as well. This wednesday the flatball girls started out at The Rule "dressed up." We then met the boys at the Whey Pat, with homemade cookies. Much tavloo was played. Next Wednesday's theme is "things that begin with f" in honor of flatball, so that should be interesting. Two or three tournaments we play girls only, but other than that and one womens practice a week, we're with the boys. They couldn't be a more fabulous, fun, considerate group of guys. I always look forward to bantering with them. Most of them are at Glasgow this weekend. I, however, am home for the ball tonight. Not a bad thing, since I've got lots of reading to do this weekend. The Iceman Cometh for drama and loads of essays for Rev and Rom. Our essay topic came out today, so I'll probably want to start that as well.
For those who don't know, ultimate frisbee is essentially football with a frisbee; you have to catch it in the endzone. The big differences are that you can't run with the frisbee or tackle, and it's a much faster paced game.
Well, we're getting ready for the ball now, so I have to get back to DJing for us. Backstreet boys? Oh yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment