The Kate Kennedy Club ball was inside a series of upscale tents. This was the mingling/bar one.
...and this was the dancing tent, complete with crazy light equiptment. Man. It makes me laugh thinking about our one girl that had seizures if she saw flashing lights at camp.
On top of the common room mantle :P Shhhh! Don't tell mom!!
Some McIntosh fresher friends.
Emilie, Helen and me.The ball last night was pretty fun, although I was, to use a british word, absolutely knackered. I think most people agreed the dance itself wasn't worth 30 pounds, but it was fun to get dressed up. Apparently the spring balls are HUGE, and include dinner, amusment park rides, etc. We did get a rose and glass of champagne when we walked in (which I still don't like, yuk, unless it's Aunty Diane's champagne punch :) The Kate Kennedy Club is a very exclusive group of guys (I think 6 new guys each year), and put the ball on for charity.
Today I had frisbee (haven't missed a practice yet), reading, and a friends birthday dinner tonight. OH. I also went to church this morning!! It was great. A greek orthodox priest did the liturgy and sermon (one of those great one where it seems written for you), almost entirely in english. The orthodox liturgy is held once a month. There were 26 people there, 13 of them being kids, but it felt like family. It was a very young crowd, and this clearly means so much to all of them. The service was so incredibly similar to the Armenian one, so I was in my comfort zone the whole time. Definitely something I'm going to try to make it to again.
Tomorrow is a hall committee meeting and the Hot Coco social that Helen and I are planning for our floor. I think next week I need to cut back on activities, but its been a great start to Uni. I can't believe there are only two months until the semester ends!! I don't want it to EVER end.
No comments:
Post a Comment