As for me, I headed to my mom's at 11am today with the customary bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers. It was an extended family party with two other mom's and their kids.
After chatting for a bit, my mom, becca, kicked off the festivities. We were split up into teams. Each of us got a note card with the objectives on it. They included...
Items
-Menu from The Seafood Restaurant
-Business cards from two places
-Funniest brochure
-Prettiest seashell
-Signature from someone in 23B Church St.
-Sample spoons from Janetta's
-Body butter sample from The Body Shop
-Coolest beer mat
Photos
-Senic marriage proposal
-Boys trying on dresses
-Girls getting hugs from strangers
-Best facial expression
All items were scored by impartial flatmates, and my siblings and I won. Probably because we had a ridiculous story behind most of them. You know, like reading the flat as 25 at first, and Sebi shouting through the letter box to try to get someone down. And then Lynsey accidentally ringing 23 instead of 23B. Luckily no one was in either flat. As for boy trying on a dress? Well, Sebi just didn't take it off. He bought it (for 4 pounds at a charity shop). Although our marriage proposal (Steve kneeling in front of Sebi, with "Marry Me?" written in the snow on a car) by the other team, who proposed to a snowman, we were never off by much.
After that we had some burgers and fries, and played some more games. I can definitely see how it'd be easy to get totaled raisin weekend, but my family doesn't pressure, so it's not an issue. Lots of family love! Academic families rock!
Sebi, Lynsey, and Steve...All flatball kids, all great!
It was love at first mirror check for these two.
We saw the moms walking down the street! Mine is in the middle. We met my very first flatball practice (Becca).
Party time.Most of the kids are going to the party of the century at James' flat (at least all the flatball ones), but I've got some more essaying to do, so I'm doing that. I might stop by the lounge later, as movies are running all day, but all in all, I think raisin sunday is drawing to a close for me. Bring on Monday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment