Monday, November 3, 2008

This weekend was incredibly low-key, and that was incredibly nice. Random snippets since then...

-Steak and gravy pie is really good! Definitely something to make at home.
-I did run sub-3 in the 800. Not bad, considering I only run about 3 times a week.
-New favorite cafe!
-This weekend is Ultimate Regionals. The top three teams go to nationals. All 16 of us are staying at Anna Lisa's house. She's got one brave mother.
-I CAN'T BELIEVE I had NO idea this past weekend was the NYC marathon! And Kara Goucher got third! MAYBE with lots of training again I could get my one-mile time down to 5:30...and she ran twenty-six point two at that pace.
-Halloween was good. Dining staff decorated the place, and our housekeeper dressed up as a witch, complete with broom. No chocolate though.
-Alfred Hitchcock love.


Enrollment. Right now, my planning sheet looks like this...

Monday
9:00-11:00 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
4:00-5:50 Modern Dance: Beginner (Ahhh. Only "arts" class that would fit/fulfil the arts requirement)

Tuesday (although I think I'll call it doozy day instead)
9:40-11:00 Experimental Psychology Lecture
11:10-12:30 Economics of European Integration
12:40-2:00 Anatomy and Physiology II Lecture
3:40-5:40 Experimental Psychology Lab

Wednesday
10:10-11:30 Cognitive Neuroscience of Aging
4:00-5:50 Modern Dance

Thursday
9:40-11:00 Experimental Psychology Lecture
11:10-12:30 Economics of European Integration
12:40-2:00 Anatomy and Physiology II Lecture

Friday
10:10-11:30 Cognitive Neuroscience of Aging

I'm psyched (no pun intended) about cognitive neuroscience because a) I LOVE the science aspect of psychology and b) it's with Echo Leaver! She's one of my favorite professors. Funnily enough, I had both her and my experimental teacher, Dr. J, my last semester at Skidmore. Professor Johnson is definitely the way harder choice for experimental, but I'd rather learn the stuff well, since I'll definitely be using it again. She's also very sweet and funny AND JUST HAD A BABY. It'll be the first time I've ever had repeat professors.


Also, the cool thing about journaling is that I have a record of the past four years. Sometimes, when experiencing curiosity or extreme boredom, I'll go back and look at what I was doing on that day in past years.



November 3, 2005...a pretty typical high school day entry. Very disjointed :P

Fitz’s mom gave me a ride home today [after track]. It was the most hilarious thing ever. Her huge 75 pound dog sat on my lap. Oh man. I love that dogs are so attracted to me they just plop down (except the Ryan’s dog who howls every time I’m within 50 feet). That’s about the fourth time that’s happened. Oh well. Even if boys don't sit by me, dogs do :-P

I didn’t go to school until the middle of fourth block today because I was sick. I’m glad I did because I woulda missed our last XC practice ever. And it was pretty sweet. After our run the boys were playing ultimate Frisbee so we jumped in. I didn’t do a whole lot the first game but once I was on with the senior boys they threw to me a lot, so I made some nice dives and saves. I got owned by Sharkey twice though :) Life would be easier if I was taller.

My mom just bought me candy. I think the phrase “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” may apply to me too. :)

I’m looking forward to indoor. I’m taking next week off completely since I’ve had mild shin splints since early on and I want to recover completely.

I can’t wait until tomorrow though. I hope Phfol has a good race, but it seems like she’s had a difficult time keeping up with us lately. She’s WAY better than I am when she’s healthy but she’s just not now, and apparently she skimps her workouts on the elliptical. We’ll see. All in all though it’ll be fun to run around like madman cheering and hopefully contributing in some way because of that.

Anna Yu helped me “find” my senior quote. I say it all the time (it was the opening sentence in my in-class gov’t essay too) but I never thought of using it so thanks, Anna.

“There is nothing permanent except change” ~Heraclitus

Have fun in English tomorrow kids! We have the most hilarious class ever. Chowzer and misreading “sizing” [as "sizzling."]yeah.

Ms. Moore: “My husband and I were on the highway when he turned to me and said “did you just see what I saw” and I said, “yeah, I think so.” A old woman was driving down the highway in the other direction at 70 miles per hour.” Sounds like something Katerina would do :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

i am glad you kept the journal. it is good to see where you have been. i love where you are going.

Love Mom

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive