It's hard to believe (and I really hadn't thought of it until now) that it was four years ago that was 'junior year.' Sometimes it seems like forever ago, and sometimes it seems like yesterday. Forever ago, in that so much has happened since then. Yesterday, in that I still try to walk with that experience, and that much hasn't changed.
It's in that year that my interest in working with kids is rooted. It's because of that year that I'm even interested in something like occupational therapy. Which pretty much brings us to the present day.
I'm majoring in psychology with minors in english and economics, while fulfilling prerequisites for OT masters degree admissions. Just looking at different programs gets me excited about OT school, two in particular standing out (great pediatric classes at great schools!). Well, the bottom line is that I don't want anything to jeopardize that. And considering econ might have changed its minor requirement to include another class (hopefully I'll hear back from the department head tomorrow), and that I probably should take calculus at some point so that I can take physics, I've decided that, despite my LOVE of St. Andrews, it's probably best for me to go home for next semester. Fitting in the classes would probably work out if I stayed, but there's always the possibility of a schedule conflict, and I don't want to run that risk and regret that.
I'll miss Scotland loads: The frisbee team, the Wednesday night socials, the pubs, the school food (a. Salmon b. Family style gathering c. Delicious, healthy options), my hall/floor, the town, the beach, the architecture, my roommate, Alison, feeling like I can be friends with anyone, etc. But, I'll try to keep in mind those lessons that I learned junior year: the lessons that have been reinforced time and time again over the past four years; I may not have control over everything that happens in life, but I always have control over my attitude toward it. I was truly blessed to have this opportunity, and I wouldn't change coming here for anything!
And I am excited about getting back to Skidmore-style classes. Academically, its always been a great fit.
Because I won't get to tour next semester, I'm instead going to stay into January and tour. The plan, as of now, includes. Bath (Jane Austen!! I'm so/MOST excited about this!), London, Paris, Barcelona, and Italy. If anyone has advice or tips, leave a comment! And I'll post an entry sometime with more going-ons.
No comments:
Post a Comment