Friday, June 26, 2009

CAMP IS GOING SO WELL!
I say that now, on a high because Lea and I came up with a routine that seems to be effective with a camper who only let my roommates get two hours of sleep last night. It is 9:20, and she's quiet still!!!!

The kids from Ohio are absolutely delightful, polite, and so fun. Last night I spent the night in the body shop with a girl who had a fever, and we just had the best time. She had to leave an IV in all night, and just was still nothing but giggles. A very small part of that was me. Most of that was her. So many adults would get so negative and self-pitying in that same situation. I want to carry those lessons with me through my life.

And even besides those three OH girls, I've really got a system down of working with two of the hardest deer (hard because of their diagnoses). It's really cool to see that bond, and I KNOW that I'm being supremely blessed to have the intuition to calm them down. My goal for improvement in my interview was to jump in more for behaviorally difficult situations, and I'm doing that.

Anyhow, it's counselor night out, so I'm going to bounce, but the ropes course, the horses, the pool, the evening activity etc tonight were all amazing. So was last night in the body shop. I am so completely lucky to have this job.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive