On a sidenote, I like being called first years. It reminds me of Harry Potter :)
So far I really love St. Louis! It's my kind of city for many reasons. I also love that ten minutes away are the cornfields of Illinois! I went to church and then a bike ride there this weekend. The church was WONDERFUL with an excellent priest (Der Stepanos highly recommended him--he know's him well even though it's the Prelacy church) and a nice, welcoming community. It was also cool that a girl from the uni up the street was there, so we got to hang out and meet everyone together.
The classes today were a great start. We had our 4.5 hour one, so that was kind of...how to say this...butt-numbingly long? But the professors seem legit (their research is super-legit, but I wasn't sure how they'd be as teachers). The OT students are all really fun and friendly and great. I'm trying not to get too "stuck" in a group just yet, but there are a few really promising friends, and tons of really funny conversations. I'm excited at spending 2-3 years with these people! It's cool being with people who have similar life perspectives. AND ONE GIRL OWNS FOUR ALPACAS AND INVITED ME OVER TO SEE THEM.
I'll end it on that high note :)
No comments:
Post a Comment