Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I love WUWU (wash u women's ultimate).
It's so fun to have a sports activity, and to get off of the med school campus and meet people with different classes and down-to-earth attitudes.
I also love laying out (diving) to catch a seemingly impossibly far away frisbee.
There, the secret is out.
That's my favorite part.
Speed, instinct, intensity, grace, all in one.
Yes, I said grace. It's basically the one time that I'm not tripping over my limbs.

After practice, a few of us went to the South 40 to eat (the main quad of dorms on the undergrad campus is called the South 40). It was really fun "just" socializing. We're having a pot-luck this Friday too. And we get ultimate buddies (bigs, basically). Yay, frisbee!

I also found out (happily) that the cost of ultimate is only $40 a semester, which includes hotels, transport, entry fees, gas etc. The rest the club covers! That definitely makes my budget happy. In Scotland we had to pay per tourney, and they were about that apiece. That adds up over the seasons.

Also, Arpi sent me her itinerary for coming to St. Louis! She's flying in at 8pm Friday Nov 12, and leaving at 7pm on Sunday. Hooray!

1 comment:

Damon said...

oh man oh man, so not fair. I miss playing ultimate frisbee on a regular basis!

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive