GO NIGERIA! Next week I get to eat HOMEMADE Nigerian food. In fact, I get to MAKE homemade Nigerian food. My group met with the Adyini's today, and learned a lot about Nigerian culture, values, and daily life. Part of the reason that we make the food is so that we can see what is involved in cooking for other cultures. OTs often make sure clients being released can complete meal preparation. I think the REAL reason, however, is that the faculty loves to eat all the different food every week.
I just got back from basketball for kids with CP. Once again. AMAZING. It's funny how I'm always kind of bummed that I can't make plans for Fridays. Then I go, and I can't imagine anything I'd rather do on Fridays. I love the kids. I love the OT and PT students there. It's great.
Tomorrow I'm going apple picking for my friend's birthday. Psyched. And doing lots and lots (and lots) of homework and studying. Oct 4th, about 500 things are due. On the plus side, we have to break down the muscles and actions involved in two activities of our choosing. One had to involve the upper extremity, and one had to involve the lower extremity. I chose scooping ice cream and doing the can-can. HEY! You never know when you'll have a client who is a professional can-can dancer! That made it fun.
I'm also writing a letter to my donor! I was invited to the med school's donor recognition dinner for scholarship recipients, and they contacted me to let me know that the founder of my scholarship fund is flying in from Arizona for the event, and would love to meet me! She was apparently a WashU professor in the 1950s http://cdm.sos.mo.gov/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/mowohealth&CISOPTR=281&CISOBOX=1&REC=1, thank you, google. I'm really excited about that November 20th event, although I'm a little scared that she'll test me on anatomy :)
Basically, life continues to be just swell.
Best wishes to you for your week!
No comments:
Post a Comment