My teacher pulled me aside after class and told me to keep answering and asking the tough questions:) Today we did more range of motion/muscle strength stuff. I really love it. By it, I mean every aspect of OT school. I think one of my strengths will be that I'm so passionate about it. Some people are a total killjoy, but I try not to let it affect me.
Next we had lunch, followed by Dr. Baum's 3-hour theory class. A panel of different practitioners came and told us more about what they did. Each person on the panel had a specialty area related to a topic that a group has (ie rural OT, health and wellness for people with disabilities, obesity, mental health etc.). My group has domestic violence. Basically, our semester long group project is to figure out what unique benefits an OT could have in that setting.
Right after that, I had an hour to curl up at home with a book before heading out to another theory project. We all have to spend some time with a sports organization for people with disabilities (and write a paper on it). I get to spend the next few Fridays at a basketball program for kids with cerebal palsy. A lot of kids apparently cancelled, but I really had a lot of fun with the kids that showed up.
Came back, went to Ally's house for a birthday celebration. She's in my cadaver dissection group, and we have lots of fun together. We went to the Library after, which is really just a club downtown. I just got back from that. Now it's 3am...which is basically why this morning feels so long ago.
Frisbee starts this Tuesday, so I'm really excited about that :) I like running around chasing things.
Wow. That sounds kind of like I'm a dog.
You know what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment