Monday: exam. That everyone else spent ~16 hours this weekend studying for. And which I spent two (home). Felt awful. I didn't know a lot of the answers. I narrowed it down, but I just didn't KNOW.
Tuesday: Class: Play with kids. I am always truly inspired when I see Awesome Moms (I know a thing or two about 'em. I had a pretty awesome one too--er, have). We practiced administering the Bayley assessment on them.
Stayed after class to watch Bob Woodruff's documentary on his recovery from an IED blast in Afghanistan. Beautiful, horrible, and thought-provoking for sure. From an OT perspective, it's really interesting. The military wasn't prepared for so many TBIs (traumatic brain injuries), and that's a huge OT issue.
Wednesday: ClassClassClass. Anatomy studying out of guilt. Hot Coco. Reading for fun? Ah, nice to meet you again.
Thursday. Class with Diko (Dikranian). Loved the note I wrote in Armenian. Scanned and emailed it to his wife and a professor in Bulgaria. Extra Paklava is going next.
Went to a web chat with E. Johnson (http://web.me.com/johnsonvillemelee/armyOTguy.com/Army_OT.html), who is an Army OT at Walter Reed and currently serving in Afghanistan. He was HILARIOUS. And LEGIT. It was really interesting and great to hear his insight. I honestly have NO idea what type of setting I'll end up having my first job in. That's some of the beauty of OT though.
Got test back. Did fine. Don't need to worry too much about the next exam.
Friday:
Arpi gets here around 8pm tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pics after this weekend (hopefully that will force me to actually take some).
No comments:
Post a Comment