Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why can't participating in cultural activities all break exempt me from writing a cultural essay? oh well. Lots to finish before tomorrow!

Break was great! I actually didn't take a single picture, so I'll have to wait a bit to post one until it comes through via facebook.

Basically, Thanksgiving was with Uncle Kai, Aunt Gay, Uncle Steve, Alison, Aunty Carol (via phone:), and Aunt Gay's dad, brother, and aunt. It was so delicious! And fun two catch up with everyone. Afterwards, we went to Aunty Pam's sister's house. It was so funny. Uncle Jack played dominoes too, and in some ways was so similar to Grandpa. I really enjoyed my Wisconsin holiday, and seeing Wisconsin in the winter. It just felt right being in cool temps.

Friday (surprise!) Alex, Ani, Alina and I left for Chicago en route to Detroit around 9am. We picked up two more boys in Chicago, and continued onward. With the time zone change, we were there at 5:30pm. Ani and I went over to the Banks' household, which was awesome. Tamar P and the three of us ate a feast (including THIS delicious ice cream cake - http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/baskin_robbins_turkey_ice_cream_cake.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shoppingblog.com/blog/1113105&usg=__MGaTLK4lr_fPRS4bMGvUit992as=&h=370&w=580&sz=64&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=y9Szm9PX30t10M:&tbnh=136&tbnw=213&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbaskin%2Brobbins%2Bice%2Bcream%2Bcake%2Bturkey%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1095%26bih%3D750%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=318&ei=nkHzTPKqCof-nAfr3b2DCg&oei=nkHzTPKqCof-nAfr3b2DCg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=33&ty=48)

It was really awesome to get to talk and hang out with Amanda at her house, since I've only met her in passing at sports weekend. Afterwards, the four of us + Karen + Kim + Detroit's finest (their name, not ours-basically their famous boys) went to Royal Oak to a bar and lounge. It really was just a blast. Afterwards, I slept over at Karen's house with Kimmy.

Saturday = homework --> helping DT girls set up the dance --> downtown detroit for ice skating, coco, and coney island hot dogs --> driving around with Alex and Harry --> meeting up with Emily and Damon for dinner, getting ready, and dancing!

Which brings us to the actual DANCE part of November dance. It was wonderfully decorated. A perk of it being in the churches own hall was that it is the dance that never ends (yes it goes on and on my friends:). I missed my normal partners, Arpi and Arda, because we just get out there and go big, but I dragged a number of people out there (Emily and Damon were also out there, but I didn't want to interrupt too much...coughcough, smile), so that was a lot of fun.

Another interesting parts of the weekend was meeting two high schoolers that I had as participants in Jr. High sessions at St. Nersess. Ani was really excited to see me, so hopefully that means good memories? I'm definitely looking to go back there this summer, as probably my last summer. I heard it through the grapevine that I'll be asked to return, so that's great.

Other than that, I am SO READY for winter break. There are way too many "busy work" assignments between now and then. It's exactly the kind of work that I detest, but alas, will plow my way through. I just want to sit at home and read and ski with dad all day, hang out with friends all night, and go SHOPPING! And take warm showers (yes, reality has hit me with the force and temperature of an iceberg).

Just so you all know, I am very thankful for the family that I was with on Thanksgiving, and the family that I wasn't. Love you all! That was my weekend. I hope that yours was great too!

1 comment:

Damon said...

hahaha, thanks Joyce. It was great seeing you! I'm working on getting those dance pics up soon.

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive