Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A spork stuck in the road

Ahhh.

I had been debating whether or not to stop back at Double H or not this year. I really love it, but it's really weird being a volunteer counselor after being full-time staff for two years. The thing that it always comes back to, however, is that I LOVE THE KIDS. I love the silliness. I love the playing. And honestly, I love the diversity: of experiences, of personalities, and of race.

Well, I waited. And debated.

And today I got an email about a sickle cell camp that Children's Hospital in St. Louis puts on! The week right after exams finish! The kids in and of itself is enough reason to want to go, but icing on the cake is that I could potentially SEE these kids again (at Children's, or in my research). I would be working with kids in front of my faculty mentor (most likely...we get matched in two weeks), and she'd get to see me in my natural habitat. AND there's a stipend.

The only way that it could be better is if it were on the moon. Or if they flew us to Barbados or something cool like that.

So I just feel like the PERFECT opportunity has been put in front of me. Of course, it now means that instead of getting home July 10th, it'll be more like the 16th, but it'll also give me time to put things in order, which is good, since I'll probably be moving residences (it turns out non-frigid shower water in the winter is actually quite important to me). It's sad to only have a few weeks at home this summer, but I guess that's life. At some point, you have to make it your own.

P.S. I'm also planning on doing HS B of St. Nersess.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive