Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Vignettes II

1. Driving due east toward Detroit at 6:20am, and impressed by the fact that I was seeing the moon set, but wondering why on heck it was in the east! Then I drove two more minutes, and the mystery was solved: A large, tall Burger King sign. Fail.

2. "Which side of the bed is it easier for you to get up from?"
"The side not against the wall"
-Patient

3. "I told my mom. This place makes me feel so much better about aging. You all are so wonderful with the patients, and people really care about what they're doing...It makes me feel a lot better about turning 23 in a few months."

There are so many more, but the update of my week is that it's going really well: I have an above-and-beyond CI (clinical instructor), and she's letting me do as much as I can, and then some. I've led a few sessions, done client education, come up with treatment plans, done evaluations, and help out with the standard stuff. Just interacting with patients is fun. And I LOVE the staff that works there (about 20 OTs and PTs integrated in the office). I wasn't expecting that I'd enjoy a larger office setting, but I really am.

So basically, its a reaffirming week. It's also fun on the home front. I'm staying with Steph, one of my good friends from high school. She and Mike Chow (one of my BEST friends in high school, and also prom king; if you ever want to hear a good story about how my class set the trend of overthrowing the standard hierarchy at NHS, ask me) are loads of fun to hang out with. Mostly I get home, prep, and go to sleep though. At least I beginning to get an idea for what life will be like when I'm on my level IIs, though (two three-month rotations where we take on the OTs whole caseload): exhilarating and exhausting.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive