Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good ol' Olin

Thank you for letting me vent last week. It's challenging being in OT school, because you're around the same people all day. All your friends are OTs, thus you never want to vent to them, because they know the same people, so it gets dangerously close to gossip. Anyhow, I needed to get it out SOMEWHERE, because it just kept simmering under the surface (it doesn't help me to just write it down and do nothing with it).

On to more exciting topics. Living in Olin.

I've known I wasn't going to stay in my apartment for next year for a long time. Maybe since my third shower in the winter months :) It really isn't do-able to have COLD or SCALDING as the two water temperatures (80% of the time cold, etc).

For a bit, I was considering apartments, but really, the more I thought about it, the more the Med School dorm, Olin, made sense. My three BEST friends live there (Rheanna, Lori, and Steph), as do many good friends. Thus, I'm always driving over there at night anyways. Also, the people on Lori's floor are really close. Other hall-mates stop over frequently, and that's really fun to see non-OT friends. It's also connected to the library and a stones-throw from the metro, which is super-convenient.

The odd floors have kitchens, and I got one of those, so it'll still be a little different than college. I'm sure that it'll be cumbersome to drag all the equip out to cook, but it's definitely a downgrade that I'm willing to make.

I'm committing to a year, since I'm not sure what I'll want to do the following year. My friends are all MSOT students, so they'll be graduating next May :( I'm not quite sure yet if I'll make a May or August move-in (my lease expires whenever we want it to, permitting that we give one month advance notice).

So that's the skinny on next year living.

This is all assuming, of course, that I do not die next week. It will be a close call. So many hard (memorization-wise) tests and assignments. Back to work for me!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive