Saturday, April 30, 2011

This Friday was Thera-ball. It was a blast!! Pretty much 90% of the OT school went. It was at a restaurant with a dance floor in downtown St. Louis. We all are a spiffy looking bunch dressed up. It's a far cry from the sweats that frequent the computer lab on weekday evenings. We got our department head, who is about to retire, and the other faculty member who attended, up for the YMCA and electric slide. Good times. I always like a good dance, so it was truly a ball.

The other big event this Friday was the royal wedding! Prince William and Princess Catherine were married. And they went to my study abroad school! They visited a few weeks ago to start a scholarship in their name, and kick off the school's 600 year anniversary. MY academic sisters (same academic mom...ahhhh, I miss traditions like that!!) are the first two in line to meet them in the piccie below. I played on the frisbee team with both of them.

I love my friends here, but I LOVED my experience at St. Annies with the Scots and the Brits, too. I mean, my floor was great. My hall was ancient, beautiful, and mysterious. The flatball team was amazing. My course modules were interesting (and a bit easy. Great combination). The town was picturesque and right on the ocean. And the tradition was so cool to experience...balls like you can't even imagine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyw9h-WPZA...and this is just Opening Ball---you should see May Ball! Also, I don't have ear phones on me, so disclaimer that I don't know what they're saying), tightly knit academic families, school robes, knobbly cobble roads and pine alleys. And highland cows!

I had been thinking about before this hoopla started, but it definitely intensified the nostalgia. So anyways, I recorded the wedding (I really needed some sleep), and had people over today to watch all the hoopla. It was nice to fast-forward through the long songs and commercials, and so fun to see a ROYAL wedding. It almost makes royalty seem like a nice idea...but then I remembered Marie Antoinette :) It's weird to think that one time, this family's ancestors were our rulers here in America, too.



And thera-ball...

Lori, Me, Rheanna, and Diane. Lori and Rheanna are two of my three best friends here. Steph is at her little sister's play this weekend. Diane (right) is a good friend, too.


Mom. Here's Brittany! And her boyfriend!


Dinnah.


Dr. Baum and K Kneipman. It's kind of a shame that I didn't get a full outfit shot. I found these great $20 shoes and a wallet clutch that matched my hair flower exactly, so it was a pretty cute and fun ensemble.


My class, MSOT '12/OTD '13. I'm in the lower right quadrant.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive