-Because I'm trading an apartment in for a dorm room, I had about 6 million things to take home. I bought a ticket on Southwest so that I could check two huge suitcases. It turns out that two huge suitcases are not ideal for running down the streets of St. Louis. It was hard-core resistance training.
-It was raining. That just makes everything more dramatic and depressing in movies. It did that here, too.
-I had made the first metro, and slowed down to walk, and pressed the button to open the door and IT DID NOT WORK so I had to wait a whole 'nother 15 minutes.
-Called cab station. They had no one closer than 10 minutes at that time in the morning.
-Fast-forward to airport. I don't have a scale, so I wasn't really sure how much my bags weighed. I thought it was going to be close to the 50 pound limit. Well, I put the bag on the scale, and almost had a heart attack, because it read 82 lbs. I was sure THEN that I was going to miss my flight. Turns out that it was fine, because the guy next to me had his 49lb bag on the scale, so mine was actually only 33lbs. For a moment I just pictured myself just throwing out books and giving away my clothes to people as they passed.
-Called mom at the gate and told her it was a miracle. It was pretty crazy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment