Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dad is here! I knew he'd have a wonderful time of it, and it sounds like he did. We were set to meet at Panera's at 11:30am (I was a bit pressed for time as my (former) furniture was being picked up today). I parked around 11:33, and just as I was walking toward the cross-walk, dad was riding toward me! It was perfect timing!

Another cool thing was that because of the furniture pickup, he got to see my old apartment. I think that it was Dad-approved! We also toured my school. Yes, Dad was still in his cycling outfit. I'll call it an outfit, because at least it matched! He really likes to dress up for occasions such as these! We bumped into Rheanna and Stephanie in the halls. I'm so glad. We bumped into a lot of people, but I was worried that the whole weekend would go by without me getting to introduce them (busy weekends all around). Mom still hasn't met them, so it's nice that someone has. I had class with the oh-so-funny J. Dallas, so I went off to that. She's a mental health OT, and pretty much the first ten minutes were spent impersonating the way different faculty start class! Then we moved on to mood disorders + interventions :) We were all quite happy by then. I love teachers who try to make class not-boring. Thank you! 

Anyhow, we reunited after for din-din. Dad's office staff was kind enough to get him a gift card to Pappy's Smokehouse (http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/) for his birthday. I've heard so much about it, but just have never had a reason to go. We had a great time! Yay St. Louis style ribs! Afterwards, we walked around downtown looking at interesting buildings. I think we'll be doing much more of that. Dad's going to the history museum tomorrow while I'm in class. Afterwards, we're going to a cards game (1 of 2!) with the two "young bucks" that dad bumped into and rode several days with on his way here.

Our superstar, Albert Pujols, just got benched for 4-6 weeks for a fracture. Come on, birdies! TweetTweetBeatThePhillies!

Now my brain tells me that I must go to sleep. Goodnight, all!

2 comments:

Damon said...

Go Phillies! Sweep! (sorry)

Joyce said...

Go Cards. 12-2 brutal beating of the phillies! No sweep! (not sorry:)

hehehe.

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive