Friday, June 17, 2011

Hopefully you can tell that I changed the background of my blog. In the words of Rafiki, "it [was] time."

Now for my first entry in it!

At least if school is a bit chaotic this next week (and it is, but after that it should be SO much better), I'm glad that I have other people to just get out and laugh with. Steph and I were discussing taking a break and getting together this weekend. I told her that it'd probably be more like us going up to her room, whooping "WOOOOOO" for two minutes, and getting back to homework. Such is the nature of our summer gatherings, but I'm so very thankful that we have time to do little impromptu hour long lovely and/or fun hangout visits.

Today my class got together at Kayleigh and Aubree's for a cookout (everyone chipped in a few dollars). Their apartment building has a pool, grills, and a grassy courtyard. It was so fun to get together with EVERYONE outside of a school setting. We spend so much time with each other. I had a great time playing frisbee with Tara, Christina, Jess, and Kaleigh.

The grassy part that we played frisbee on actually overlooked the pool (about 10 feet below). Someone threw the frisbee over onto the pool deck, so I ran down to get it. I stopped. I contemplated. And then I ran and jumped in the pool with my clothes on. It was so warm!! And fun/funny. Later Tara and I caught frisbees into the pool. BLAST. Also fun was noticing that two beautiful furry cats in a 2nd floor window were watching us. I threw the frisbee straight up in the air. Their heads followed it up and down. They followed me as I got the frisbee, and ran to the building, until I was out of view. When I came back out, their heads snapped back to me. It was so fun playing hide and seek and "catch this" with cats, even though they were inside and we were outside :)

Now I'm off to work. work. work. I'm racing the clock until Wednesday. Hope that you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive