So far, so fun. 1.5 days to go.
I must say, normally my friends and I will eat out once a month or so. I don't have an aversion to it or anything, but it's just the reality between scheduling and solidarity, that unless it's someone's birthday, we usually just cook (sometimes together. Fun!). It's been a nice change to experience a lot of St. Louis cuisine this past month though. It's done me proud to guests: lots of local produce, flavors, and unusual/excellent combinations.
So far we've walked around my campus and seen a cardinal/cubs game (it was funny. Nana and Papa especially enjoyed the Kiss Cam?!?), the main campus, the Basilica, and the history museum. Tomorrow we'll go downtown again to do the Arch, see the Mississippi (the water is so high that the statues are underwater) and maybe the zoo or Ulysses S. Grant's farm.
Its been fun showing family around; Nana has been telling people that she's a new student for next year--yeah. Good thing that I'm not embarrassed easily: I got over that long ago...somewhere in between dad meeting the vast majority of my friends in bike spandex and me (not so) gracefully exiting the stage at prom.
It's good. That's a good thing. Cool people look cool, but really I think that their lives must be pretty miserable. They take all the wrong things too seriously, and all the right things not seriously enough. So, you know, if a duck waddles all over my carefully written notes, or a car hits a pot-hole right next to me on a rainy day, or nana tells people whom I don't know that she's going to be here next year, all the better for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment