Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What is the worst kind of jam, you ask?






Traffic jam.


Painfully

slow

to

get

through

WhenAllIWantToDoIsRaceRaceRace.
I do race.
I am outstripped by the passing butterfly
carried
by the spring breeze.

I do race.
I am racing the clock
Hoping to make it
on time

to the First Annual Oxymoron Convention
where we convene
And scheme
and eat Jumbo Shrimp and act naturally. (<--sidenote: these are oxymorons:)

But it is time
It is a moment.
A tree I will never see again
A day I will never live again
A moment I will never drink again.

Greater things to worry about remain
The driver, the pain, not my spot
in the highway l a n e.

I could use a break from this Tyson Turkey
truck
though, #59634.
It is making me hungry

For something other than traffic jam.


Hehehe. I found this poem (entitled Traffic Jam) in my legal pad full of vocab words. I was re-going over the words, because I was inspired by my recent viewing of Akeela and the Bee. She learned how to spell 5,000 words in a summer. I found learning 10 vocab words a day last summer for the GRE sufficiently challenging, but I was just ready to try again :) Anyhow, I wrote this on the six hour bus ride to Boston Sports Weekend last year. The ride took hours longer than, expected due to a traffic jam, and we really were stuck behind that Tyson Turkey truck of that number for about an hour. It made me smile to read, but maybe just because I was there!

And last but not least, a normal hour get together in Olin. Last night Lori and I pranked Steph and Rheanna. It's so fun to just have friends down the hall! I LOVE LIVING IN OLIN!
Mallory, Lori, Rheanna

Lori

Steph, Rheanna, Lori

Rheanna and Joyce!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive