-------
Those who give up when winning is improbable have never known the thrill of a come-from-behind victory or the incredible excitement that accompanies exceeding your expectations.
-------
Ironically, it is the self-absorbed who miss out on being and experiencing the power of one.
--------
Envy is simply this: to look at what you don't have, rather than what you do have.
-------
I walked by a store today. And then I stopped and walked in. It wasn’t like other stores, you see. It did not blare the same three songs with the same three items professing the same great quality of its junk. Instead, it had Character.
Umbrellas with teacups and cupcakes, and dinosaur shaped soap. It had whirling silver and brightly colored original pictures, framed in white matting. It was not the same quote, over and over again, like the thousands of “go not where there is a path” pictures. Instead, these were unique, individual paintings by an artist paid far too little to connect with the world.
I paid $3.57 and walked out with one.
“She built a cathedral from the splinters of her shattering.”
Maybe I should build one of those, too.
(this one is fictional, except for seeing the quote)
-------
Live with conviction in your purpose; your purpose to positively impact someone's life, to model traits of honesty, kindness, caring, humility, and love in all that you do. Change your little corner of the earth.
--------
If you look for reasons in your life to be sad, you will surely find them. If you look for reasons to be happy in your life, you just might find that you just as surely can find them, too.
-------
I like to do interesting things with language. I like to make it eat itself, then vomit it back up,
shiny on glittering tableware. Bon appetitie.
Too much of our food is precanned.
Those green beans are always watery.
-------
I said at the end of the interview that as difficult as it was to get through, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I've thought about it for a bit since, since the man didn't seem to understand.
Yes, there was pain. Yes, there was uncertainty. Yes, I missed some of "life," school, sports, whatever, at the time. But I am so shaped by that experience, by the unrelenting pain, the cloudy uncertainty, that rejecting that experience would be like rejecting who I am as a person today. Though I missed some days of "life," I now have an altogether deeper understanding of it, which has changed me, and enhanced each day since then.
--------
A short entry would contain that I went to the most delicious party a few nights ago: a chocolate tasting party at a local chocolatier. So delicious. This weekend is the hot air balloon festival in forest park. So much to do.
P.S. These are just a few quotes that I found when going through a few months of my livejournal to find a story I wrote back in the day. It's funny how, even now, I can tie writing each one of these with a memory or something that I was trying to figure out.
No comments:
Post a Comment