Hello friends.
Did I mention that I love school a little bit again?
There are a lot of fun bits to this semester.
One being that there's less work so far, so I can actually spend time learning.
There's neuro, which we're taking with the PTs in "TheDungeon" aka the room that can accommodate all of us. I love it, because it's taught by various sub-specialists in neurology, so they're able to integrate a lot of examples. My mentor, Dr. King, will do a lecture for that class, too.
PBL (problem-based learning) is pretty decent. We're in a group of 8 for the semester, and have to work through various cases and complete assignments on them. Although we had a bit of a rocky start as far as efficiency/preferred styles go, we're now hitting our stride.
Our intervention approaches class has been excellent so far. We're in the middle of our cognition and motor modules. The motor ones are taught by a particularly good teacher-team, so we get practical tips and examples, as well as the practice and route information.
Research is my other class. We'll see how that goes. It'll be a lot of work. I think it'll be a huge growth experience, though, so I don't mind that.
Lastly, LAB. I love it. I definitely picked the right one. I lovelovelove everyone in it, and Dr. King's style of getting down to business, and then having lots of fun at the end. She has an inner quirky spirit, too! Yay, efficiency. Also, I think the rest of the sickle cell team (nurses/social workers) told her a bit about sickle cell camp at their September meeting. She told me that she heard that I "worked magic" there. I did love camp!
Other than that, I'm doing homework (ahead of time again), running (hard again), and hanging out with my friends (fun and funny times).
No comments:
Post a Comment