I'm getting my stuff together. For some people, this entails thinking less. For me, it's usually a sign that I need to do some hardcore thinking. I think I've come to a lot of cool realizations, and these realizations are generally what guide my life. These help me engage in the world more fully and joyfully. Not withdraw from it. I need that time to process it, though.
And lest you think this means that I've been boring, I can assure you that I'm not. I've had SO MUCH FUN returning to school, and returning to my family of friends. I LOVE living in Olin more than words can say, and I love getting to know so many different people; med students, first years, other second years, etc. The only thing that I haven't enjoyed is my computer not working, returning to Shnuck's dubious produce (our only grocery store) and Gone With the Wind Part II (which we watched last night). I think I now probably have an ulcer from all the stress of watching Scarlett O'Hara fail at life. All in all, however, these are things which I can cheerfully deal with. Especially now that the movie is over. Although even writing about it now makes me feel sick.
Other fun happenings in the last few weeks include visiting Mareeg and Gramps (and Uncles and Aunts--very fun) in WI, going to the Evanston picnic and hanging out with friends, the OT school's catered dinner and bar night (I'll post pictures another time), and seeing Dr. Dikranian in the streets. There have been so many funny moments, and also serious conversations (which I love just as much, in balance) with my friends Stephanie and Rheanna. All in all, though I know some sleepless nights will come, I'm very happy to be back at school!! I love loving home, and I love loving school. Win-win.
More updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment