Saturday, October 8, 2011

The sprinkle baths worked...

Such an exciting game!

I posted these tweets a few days ago...
"Ryan Theriot came across the ESPN.com NLDS page. All the ESPN experts have picked the Phillies to beat the #STLCards. Some were angry. Berkman chuckled. Berkman said: "They aren't in this clubhouse. They don't know this team. Well they're about to find out. We're gonna show 'em a thing or 2."
In the words of another fan: Congrats to those 22 experts who all picked the -- nice work guys...
Poor guys. They must have all lost their sports brackets. I wouldn't vote against Never Say Die. We knew that they could do it. They've had to play so many games in the past month and a half like it's Game 5. Do or die. We couldn't rest against the Cubs or the Phillies or the Braves. And now we just beat the NL leaders! Birds of Prey! 
A few days ago I got an email that I didn't get chosen in the Cardinals lottery (which I entered) to buy tickets for NLDC and World Series. On Thursday night, however, I received an email basically saying that since I had registered for tickets, went to the last series, and subscribe to MLB, I had second dibs for tickets on Friday at 10am-1pm. I got 3...two for friends and one for me. $40 a pop. Not bad! Tickets JUST went out to the public today, and all that are left are the $177 seats! So Game 4, Wednesday night, I WILL BE THERE!!
Clip of the Day
The team's twitter, so I don't have to relay everything funny anymore

Furcal was also funny speaking in his accent post-game: "Now we gotta Happy fly." (Happy flight).

As far as the murder mystery, things went really well! We had a lot of fun, and a lot of faculty and students really enjoyed it. CJ was hilarious. We were all improving lines like mad, too, which was a hoot and a half. Pre-play and during dinner, we stayed in character and walked around to different tables and worked the crowd.

My exam went well, too. I thought it was pretty easy, or at least fair, so that was a relief.

Sometime soon I want to write an entry about what I like about St. Louis, or the unexpected points, but for now...homework!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive